Saturday, May 23, 2009

May 23 -Stand By Me

Yes, the nights have been cold and a little bit dark since Tim was informed that cancer had returned to his body. I hated hearing those words, but for some reason, the strength and peace that started flowing out of both of us was enough to just sit back and go "Okay, here we go, we can and will do this!" Nobody ever wants to hear those words, no matter what, but the fact is that we did and now we have a battle ahead. How do you muster up enough courage to watch the one you love with all of your heart face intense chemo, weeks in hospital and times of pain? Well, I know on my own I can't muster up that courage, and the flesh inside of me aches for the upcoming weeks...but then there is this ray of light, this amazing hope in me to rise up to the challenge, and love Tim more than I ever have before. Last night I just laughed at Satan and let him know very clearly that he won't get me down, and all the things he tries to discourage me with are just mere fears. Fear is something to overcome, and I will. Tim isn't scared, sure he's had his angry and why moments, but he doesn't let it into his heart. He's already an overcomer!

Not only will I stand by you Tim, but I will fight right along side you, and when we turn around we will see thousands of people fighting with us. We will stand together, claim truth, act in faith and come out skipping on the other side of this!

Keep those prayers coming readers...and we promise to keep you in the loop through it all!

"For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds," says the Lord. (Jeremiah 30:17)

-Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment